httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwba...@acm.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main util_uri.c
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:38:15 GMT
On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Tony Finch wrote:

> martin@apache.org wrote:
> >
> >  *Only* run through indent | pr -t -e8 (to remove TABs)
> >  No other changes whatsoever applied.
>
> No! Why?! This is completely pointless!! There are over 30,000 lines
> with tabs in the source tree so changes like this are STUPID.

Especially since the resulting output breaks lines on derefs:

 && !(flags & UNP_OMITQUERY)) ? uptr->
 fragment : NULL, NULL);

I'm all for expanding tabs to spaces, but 80 column wrap is stoopid.  Also
I'd like to mention that nesting the conditional operator five levels deep
results in code that could be generously described as impenetrable.

-jwb