httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: any objections to moving out modules/proxy?
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:01:46 GMT
On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Great. We had a big discussion, and it has died off without any voting. The
> problem is that abstention doesn't tell us what to do, one way or the other.
> Let's try another tack:
>
> modules/proxy/ will move to its own CVS module sometime Tuesday or
> Wednesday (i.e. I'll get to it one of those two days)
>

> That leaves you through Monday (let's say Tuesday 1am) to state your vote.
> You can vote on the list, or in STATUS.

Well, I'm guilty of abstaining, because I wanted to let other people make
the decision, but since that tack didn't work, +1 for moving the
code.  However, before we do that, I would like to come up with some
benchmarks that would allow it to be moved back into the code.  That will
encourage people to work on the code, because we are giving them a way to
get it back in the code, and it enforces the idea that we aren't dropping
the code, we are trying to help it.

Those benchmarks could be as simple as:

	1) The code compiles are runs as often as any code in the tree
	2) The functionality makes sense for an HTTP proxy
	3) There is an active maintainer who is or can become an ASF
	   member.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.  Whatever benchmarks we choose
should be in the STATUS file for mod_proxy, unless the mod_proxy people
want to remove them.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131