httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: problem compiling apache_2.0a9
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 05:11:30 GMT

> Thanks for the reply.  It seems that the test directories are created by
> configure, so I re-expanded apache_2.0a9.tar.gz and  tried
>
>    ./buildconf
>    ./configure
>    rm -rf ./srclib/apr/test
>    rm -rf ./srclib/apr-util/test
>    rm -rf ./test
>    make
>
> Now I get the following from make:
>
>    make[3]: Leaving directory
>    `/root/install/Apache/apache_2.0a9/srclib/apr-util'
>    Making all in test
>    /bin/sh: cd: test: No such file or directory
>    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>    make[2]: Leaving directory
>    `/root/install/Apache/apache_2.0a9/srclib/apr-util'
>    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>    make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/install/Apache/apache_2.0a9/srclib'
>    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> It seems that I need to do something more than delete the test directories.

Sorry, we weren't explicit enough.  The solution is to delete the test
directories from the Makefiles.  Basically, just grep the Makefiles for
"test", and make sure that none of the SUBDIRS variables define test as
one of their targets.

The problem is that we don't distribute our test directories with our
alphas/betas, but we had those directories in our Makefiles.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131