httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject OS/2 Scoreboard changes
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:34:49 GMT

The OS/2 scoreboard changes have broken every other platform.  I do not
believe we should be re-defining the scoreboard based on platform.  If the
MPM needs more information than the scoreboard currently provides, then
the MPM will need to allocate space for that information itself.

The problem that was introduced, is that the scoreboard.h file includes
mpm.h, which includes scoreboard.h.  This causes the compile to break.

I purposefully did not put an apr_os_thread_t into the scoreboard, because
I couldn't see how it was useful to all MPMs.  The thread_num allows MPMs
to associate a single integer with a specific thread id.

The other OS/2 specific changes that were introduced into the scoreboard
also scare me.  Why does OS/2 need to put the deferred_die, thread_retval,
and generation into the scoreboard.  The deferred_die is specific to the
MPM itself, and should be kept away from all other modules.  The same goes
for the thread_retval and generation.  Those fields need to be removed
from the scoreboard.

I am very much against the changes that went into the scoreboard.h file
without a very good argument for why they are needed.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131