httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: memory leak
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:38:00 GMT

Spend time tracking it down.  You can't use pools for buckets, because
they can't change their lifetime if you do that.  Explain to me how a
bucket allocated out of a request pool will survive to the next request in
a pipelined request, and I will be 100% in favor of using pools.

The leak definately in the bucket code, so there is only about 7 places to
look.

Ryan

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> A single request to FAQ.html (server parsed content) results in 214 calls to
> malloc/calloc and 208 calls to free!
>
> My question... Do I spend time tracking this down or are we ready to start
> using pools for buckets?
>
> Bill

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131