httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Tree tagged.
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 01:36:59 GMT

The tree has been tagged with APACHE_2_0_BETA_CANDIDATE_1.  I have put a
copy of the tree with that tag at dev.apache.org/dist/httpd-2.0bc1.tar.gz

This tarball should be tested by everybody who is interested in Apache
2.0.  If everybody agrees, then this tag can be used as a basis to release
the first beta version of Apache 2.0 either Tuesday or Wednesday this
week.

So, let's shoot for a Wednesday morning roll of the beta.  That means we
need at least 3 +1's, and no -1's before Wednesday morning.  Of course,
the tree was never frozen, so people should continue to commit code.

BTW, I have been testing this tree for a while, and I am running it on my
home site, so I will be the first to stand up and say +1.

I would also like to see this activated on apache.org.  I believe we have
fixed most of the seg faults, from looking at the
/usr/local/apache2/corefiles directory.  There are a total of 34 core
files, and all but three were fixed by Jeff Trawick late last week.  The
three remaining are the stack corruption people are tracking down.  I
don't know how long it took to generate those core files, but I don't
believe that three core files is enough to take the apache.org site down.

We can continue to update the server software as we find and fix this
problem.

Just my own 0.02.

Ryan

406 29th St.