httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: SSL support
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:07:20 GMT

> > I am not aware of any functionality EAPI provides that isn't already
> > available in Apache 2.0.
> > [...]
>
> For instance: structure contexts for attaching arbitrary information;
> totally loosely coupled hooks without any symbol references between
> provider/server and user/client; etc... Think about this especially in
> the context of DSOs and what Apache 2.0 currently supports here.

All of that is in 2.0.  The pools have a hash strucuture that allows for
arbitrary information.  Ben just put in the optional function support last
week that allows DSOs to implement functions that other DSOs can use, and
the modules still work if only one of the DSOs is loaded.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131