httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject Re: Concerns wrt Apache and SGI's patches
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:51:18 GMT
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, dean gaudet wrote:

| yes as you can see, redhat and dell wanted more performance than apache,
| or anything else in userland for that matter, could offer, so they created
| TUX.  unfortunately everyone who isn't using linux will lose out...  but
| WIN32 has SWC, and Sun has some in-kernel thing whose acronym i'm not sure
| of.

Just to jump in and be the infomative type.. the Sun mojo you're referring
to is called NCA... Network Cache Accellerator. It's implemented using the
fast Solaris doors (door_call(3DOOR)) calls to access a in-kernel cache of
objects.

'man nca' on any Solaris 8 6/00 system or later.

I believe Sun implemented this into their web server (SWS). This could
also be integrated into an Apache module.

/dale