httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_buckets_file.c (fwd)
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:48:25 GMT

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea I mentioned to you
sideband of teaching mod_include that before it reads from a file bucket, it
should copy it; if it gets a heap bucket back from the read but finds
nothing in it, it can destroy the heap bucket, manipulate the stored copy of
the file bucket, and reinject it back into the brigade.  That way we'd only
have one 8K chunk in memory at a time for inspection; other 8K chunks would
remain in memory only if they have SSI tags in them.  Sound good?  I'll work
on a patch for this this afternoon.

View raw message