httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Chunk filter problem?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 06:13:13 GMT

Okay, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I spotted a problem in the
chunk filter such that two immortal buckets are getting inserted AFTER the
EOS bucket by means of transposed parameters to the APR_BUCKET_INSERT_BEFORE
macro.

The macro claims that the bucket(s) to be inserted should be the first param
and the bucket to insert before should be the second param:

/**
 * Insert a list of buckets before a specified bucket
 * @param a The buckets to insert
 * @param b The bucket to insert before
 * @deffunc void APR_BUCKET_INSERT_BEFORE(apr_bucket *a, apr_bucket *b)
 */

But the chunk filter does it the other way around.  A glance at other usages
of the macro, such as in mod_include, seems upon brief inspection to
indicate that the comment is right and the chunk filter is wrong.  So here's
a simple patch to swap them.  Somebody please review and test this, because
I can't at the moment... it just seems to be the right thing to do.

I've attached the patch rather than inlining it because there are some long
lines and my mailer would wrap them.

--Cliff

    Cliff Woolley
    cliffwoolley@yahoo.com