httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter J. Cranstone" <Cranst...@remotecommunications.com>
Subject RE: Punt the Proxy
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:06:29 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: bhyde@zap.ne.mediaone.net [mailto:bhyde@zap.ne.mediaone.net]On
Behalf Of Ben Hyde
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 12:43 PM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: Re: Punt the Proxy

I found Greg's note most amusing.

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
> The number of end users is totally irrelevant. It is all about the people
> *working* on the code. We are not here to satisfy end users' entire scope
of
> needs. We are here to satisfy them where their needs intersect our
desires.

A slight tunning.  We are also here to enable users, or thier agents, work
on what they desire.

I'm certain there are people out there that really really desire proxy.
They want it bundled in the server - so the trick is to structure things
so those people get traction on the problem.  i.e. so they can hack, not
whinge,
at it.

 - ben