httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Dietz, Phil E." <PEDi...@West.com>
Subject RE: Regarding 1.3.19...
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:57:51 GMT
What I planned on submitting was adding a per-directory directive called
'DefaultHandler_UseInodeInEtag'.
This fixes the common-man's problem.

It's probably not the solution for the "big picture."

Reading the w3.org doc on ETags, it makes you feel that there should be a
unique make_etag() function for every Apache handler (instead of just one).

Since autoindex has it's own handler, shouldn't it emit it's own ETag ??