httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Punt the Proxy
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:43:04 GMT

I found Greg's note most amusing.

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
> The number of end users is totally irrelevant. It is all about the people
> *working* on the code. We are not here to satisfy end users' entire scope of
> needs. We are here to satisfy them where their needs intersect our desires.

A slight tunning.  We are also here to enable users, or thier agents, work
on what they desire.

I'm certain there are people out there that really really desire proxy.
They want it bundled in the server - so the trick is to structure things
so those people get traction on the problem.  i.e. so they can hack, not whinge,
at it.

 - ben