httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: How is this handled?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:31:22 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Handlers should not try to handle HEAD requests anymore.  This
> should go away completely for 2.0.  Let the filters take care
> of the HEAD request.

Um, I disagree.  A handler may be the only thing that can calculate
the content-length for a particular resource, and therefore the
handler should have the opportunity to respond to the HEAD.
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!