httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:09:02 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> The question is NOT about how GETs are handled. We all agree that
> a GET should be redirected.
>
> The issue is for methods *OTHER* than GET.

I disagree.  I believe the issue is for *all* methods.

> If you redirect an OPTIONS /dav, then WebFolders says that /dav is not
> DAV-enabled. It's a no-go from the start.
>
> Basically, doing a redirect on /dav is not "being lenient in what we
> accept", even though Ken said we should be. We know what was meant,
> so we should go ahead and respond.

<sarcasm> How wonderful it must be to have such omniscience. </sarcasm>
No, we do NOT know what was meant.  We can guess, and probably be
right, but we cannot KNOW.

+1 on an envariable switch controlling whether we treat "foo" and
"foo/" as equivalent (for ALL methods).  -1 on redirecting some
and not redirecting others without configurability.
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!