httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:04:30 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> We aren't talking about GETs. What you state is correct, but
> only with respect to a GET.

Umm.. huh?  It applies to anything that tries to interpolate
relative URIs.  The request method is completely irrelevant.
Of course, this hardly ever happens with anything *except* GETs,
but your argument is specious.

> Things like PROPFIND and OPTIONS don't have the issue you describe.
> The current CVS code only does the redirect for the GET and HEAD
> methods.

By 'current' you mean the recently-applied patch, correct?  Which
behaviour is different from that of the pre-patch software, correct?
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!