httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:13:13 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> > Bah.  I say follow the RFC.  Apache is a reference implementation
> > of HTTP, and should do so in any event.
>
> And what do you do when a paying customer says 'hey, this function
> that 1000's of my customers depend on that used to work is now
> broken'?

Apache *has* no 'paying customers.'

> Decisions like this must always be made on a case-by-case basis.

Sorry, I believe in doing the RIGHT thing, not the expedient one.
'Be strict in what you send, liberal in what you accept.'
--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!