httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: SGI's Accelerating Apache Project and contributions
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:13:20 GMT
Mike Abbott wrote:

> You tell me which functional parts of the patches you pledge
> to commit and I'll slice and splice the patches any way you
> want to make those parts easy to integrate.

Uh, no -- we do not 'pledge to commit' anything.  That is not
how this environment works.  I think it is reasonable to pledge
to CONSIDER stuff, but there is no pre-approval action here.

One of the main things is that each patch needs to meet some
minimum requirements, especially in view of their size.  Each
needs to

a) stand on its own, without any assumptions about which
   other patches may or may not have been applied, and
b) follow the Apache coding style guide (listed online at
   <URL:http://dev.apache.org/styleguide.html>), and
c) not use casting simply to silence compiler messages. :-)

That said, the items on your list that I will personally pledge
to review include:

--
#ken    P-)}

ApacheCon 2001!
Four tracks with over 70+ sessions. Free admission to exhibits
and special events - keynote presentations by John 'maddog' Hall
and David Brin. Special thanks to our Platinum Sponsors IBM and
Covalent, Gold Sponsor Thawte, and Silver Sponsor Compaq.  Attend
only Apache event designed and fully supported by the members of
the ASF. See more information and register at <http://ApacheCon.Com/>!