httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: On 2.0 again.
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:35:18 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > We are back up on 2.0.
>
> Might as well leave it running!
>
> Would be nice to find a good summary of the threading issues we could
> forward to the freebsd-stable list, unless it's just "general
> instability".

The biggest problem I know about is the loop when we just enable
threads.  I can't tell you exactly what Apache is doing to trigger this,
but it's easy to recreate with log replay.

Here's what Jeff found by attaching gdb to one of the 3 looping
processes.  I did post this before but maybe you didn't notice it.

[...many "Reading symbols from blah" deleted]

Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
0x2813f1e2 in _thread_sigframe_restore () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4
(gdb)

Greg