httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject doxygen vs. scandoc
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:01:46 GMT
So, tell me again why we're using scandoc and not doxygen? Having got
rather frustrated with scandoc, I just built the latest release of
doxygen and pointed it at Apache. Man! The output is _beautiful_.
Hyperlinked, colour-coded source. It understands macros (selectively),
so it can handle the AP_DECLARE() stuff. It can even produce LaTeX
output, and searchable source. I see a prototype for XML output, and I
may even be persuaded to make that real.

In short, it rocks, and (in comparison at least) scandoc sucks.

I vote we switch immediately. And I volunteer to do all the header
changes to make it happen. BTW, it probably isn't major to make it
possible to use scandoc as well, but I am not volunteering to do that.

BTW, if you want to try it, add a \file (or @file) directive to a header
or two, coz otherwise it doesn't document global declarations, and you
miss 90% of the fun.

Cheers,

Ben.

--