httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_buckets_file.c (fwd)
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:54:42 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> The second problem is one I haven't fixed however.  Brian, if you increase
> the size of your file to 10Meg, then mod_include will read all 10Meg into
> memory before sending it down the stack.  That's BAD!  mod_include needs
> to be taught how to stream data when there are no SSI tags in the file.
>
> I will be adding the second issue to STATUS.  Brian, please test the
> latest code on OS/2.

I can work on this. The question is how to decide when to send it on down?
Should there be a #defined threshold value? System wide or mod_include specific?
I would assume that as I am parsing through the bucket(s) I just keep track
of the number of bytes parsed and break/pass the brigade when I cross the
threshold, yes?

This should be pretty easy. With a couple of answers I should have a fix pretty
quickly.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein