httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs/manual/vhosts index.html.html
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:04:03 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:

> Couldn't we distribute the perl script to do this as part of
> our htdocs tree, and let the _user_ perform this cruft?

No.  It needs to work correctly OOTB.  That is one reason
we collapse the FAQ SSIs as well.  Symlinks are right out for
this reason, CVS, and platform incompatibilities.

> I just find it too crufty.

Sorry..  If you can come up with a solution that works OOTB
on a new installation, in any language environment, I for
one would be glad to hear it.  For now, though, -1 on
getting rid of a working solution and replacing it with
none at all.
--
#ken    P-)}