httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/tls Makefile.in README config.m4
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:02:30 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> > > Ben, could you please edit the README to explain how to configure OpenSSL
> > > for a successful compile with mod_tls, and check what I did to make sure
> > > it makes sense.
> >
> > Hmm. The issue is that you have to give the right flags to the headers
> > that openssl_state_machine.c includes - which is why I had the target
> > for that with a zillion flags which you blew away!
> >
> > I suspect that OpenSSL ought to have a gadget that supplies the flags it
> > was compiled with (or, at least, the defines).
>
> Hmm. I'll take that back - it compiled fine for me - what errors did you
> get?

On second thoughts, I'll agree with your original problem. Bottom line
is that OpenSSL simply won't compile with the standard options we use. I
certainly agree it should, but that's a large pile of work (a _really_
large pile). So, it isn't going to in the foreseeable future.

This means we need a way to tone down the warnings for just that one
source file (there will be more that need OpenSSL headers soon, so this
needs to be general purpose).

Cheers,

Ben.

--