httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Patch]: Update of the code to move cgi stuff from mod_include to mod_cgi(d)
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 13:27:58 GMT
"Paul J. Reder" wrote:

> Yes I realize that this is not vital to the beta. It doesn't fix any bugs.
> It just makes maintenance a bit easier.
>
> Besides I needed to update my last patch to use Ben's optional hook code.

Optional function, not hook (optional hooks are, unfortunately, called
generic hooks).

> This code works in all permutations with and without mod_include, mod_cgi,
> and mod_cgid.

Is that cool or what?

> The only compelling reason I can give for committing this before the beta
> is that I am tired of re-porting this every time someone makes more changes
> to mod_include or mod_cgi(d) (third shot now).

I'm +1, because I'd like to make sure optional functions get tested
properly.

BTW, one minor criticism: it is eccentric (though not incorrect) to
fetch a pointer to your own optional function, as mod_include does in
this patch!

Cheers,

Ben.

--