httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0.12 ready for testing
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:43:04 GMT
On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 03:20:57PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> 2.0.12 is broken on OS/2, caused by gsteins's inline handling patch. It's
> pretty obscure though so I can't really blame Greg. The changes he made
> stopped apr_general.h being included from util_uri.c which is where
> strcasecmp() gets #defined as stricmp() so now I've got a link error on
> strcasecmp.
>
> So Greg, why was the #include <apr_general.h> removed from os/os2/os.h ?

Whoops!

I tossed it because I had figured that it was only being used for the old
APR_INLINE macro. That macro is now in apr.h where #ifdef stuff like that
should be. All other header files should be pure declarations so we don't
see problems like above -- IOW, if platform-specific #ifdefs or other
defines are always in apr.h, then we should be much safer since that is
always included somewhere/somehow.

Cheers,
-g

--