httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject over-aggressive redirection in mod_dir
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:11:01 GMT
The mod_dir changes have seriously busted WebDAV handling in Apache.

Let's say that I go into Windows Explorer and add a Web Folder. One of the
first things it does is an OPTIONS request against the directory. However,
it leaves off the trailing slash. The latest Apache 2.0 returns a 301 to
tell the client to use a slash. However, Web Folders doesn't understand a
301 in this case, so it basically says "sorry. no DAV there."

I'm not sure what the right solution here is (in the middle of other stuff,
then some sleep), but I think we need to back off on the redirects.

For now, I've just #if 0'd the fixup_dir() function in mod_dir.c (in my
working copy). We'll need to fix this before the next tag/roll.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/