httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SGI's Accelerating Apache Project and contributions
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:58:15 GMT
Mike Abbott wrote:

> I have just one thing to say, intentionally ignoring the inflammatory
> and revisionist statements made recently:  You tell me which functional
> parts of the patches you pledge to commit and I'll slice and splice the
> patches any way you want to make those parts easy to integrate.

Mike, unfortunately, we don't, can't and have never "pledged" to
commit anything for anyone. That's not the way it works. AFAIK,
no open source project works that way...

But I would strongly suggest that if you "slice and splice" that
they will be given *serious* consideration. I especially would
like to see the optimized time-of-day, request parsing and bug
fixes stuff. I can't promise anything, but I will personally
involve myself in these.