httpd-dev mailing list archives

From m..@trudge.engr.sgi.com (Mike Abbott)
Subject Re: SGI's Accelerating Apache project
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:42:57 GMT
>    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/02/16/1454202&mode=thread
>    http://oss.sgi.com/projects/apache/
>
> Personally, I'm saddened by this...

Yeah, me too.  But after two years and 30 patches I'm ready for some
strictly technical challenges.

The project always was sponsored by my employer.  For SGI even to
consider reopening the project the ASF would need to demonstrate some
goodwill.  A tangible start would be to accept some of the patches.  Not
all of them suffer from typecasting or non-Apache license issues.

While I'd love to tell my mother, "my work speeds up millions of web
sites around the world" I must admit it feels good to work on something
less frustrating now.
--
Michael J. Abbott        mja@sgi.com        http://reality.sgi.com/mja/