httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: exports is puking warnings and breaking the build
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2001 01:26:41 GMT
On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 02:01:13PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> no, Greg's commit from early a.m. is just $%^&-ed up and needs to be
> backed out unless he wakes up and fixes it Real Soon Now...  it won't
> be me as screaming child was just dropped into my hands by spouse
> heading out to spend money :)

Not backed out, but just fixed. The files are in the process of moving, but
aren't ready yet. I need to get into the autoconf stuff and tweak that
around some. With Roy in there, I was a bit hesitant. Also, I wasn't sure
about what direction to go just yet.

> maybe just his header file changes in apr-util can be negated by
> emptying out apr_xml.h and deleting the stuff in apu_compat.h.

That'll do it. A CVS update will do it, too; I believe that I've got it
fixed, but need to go and build to see. I did the CVS part first for you
guys :-)

> apr_xml.c isn't building because doesn't tell it to.
> I don't know if this was on purpose or if he realizes that we can't
> compile it even if we tried (I did).

That was on purpose. It includes "xmlparse.h" which it won't be able to find
until we teach APRUTIL how to find an installed or bundled Expat. I'm also
working on dropping the current expat-lite and moving to the most recent
Expat release (1.95.1) from SourceForge.

I'm thinking about how to point APRUTIL at an installed Expat (new or old
version). If it can't find either, then it can use a bundled Expat (which is
now autoconf'd and libtoolized, so it easily fits into our scheme). Even
better, the latest Expat gets rid of the MPL worry that has Brian's head in
the toaster (latest is MIT/X-style licensed).

Greg Stein,

View raw message