httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: Core dump in apache-1.3.18, with VirtualHosts
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 19:20:39 GMT
On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 01:38:28PM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Martin Kraemer wrote:
> >
> > 4) Now uncomment the second "NameVirtualHost *:80", and retry:
>
> So that now you have two 'NameVirtualHost *:80' lines?

Exactly.  My guess is (I did NOT trace or verify that against the code!):
That creates a second instance of an ipaddr_chain struct for
the *:80 vhosts. But the server_rec structs are (after being created)
only being inserted into the first matching ipaddr_chain struct, so
the server_rec ptr in the second instance remains NULL.

At least at the moment when the server_rec ptr is dereferenced
(and NULL), we are in an ipaddr_chain struct with both
"server" and "names" pointers being NULL.

The patch I committed circumvents dereferencing, but does not eliminate
the reason why there is such an ipaddr_chain struct.
What would be the best behavior here? Test whether two NameVirtualHost's
have the same arguments (what about the argument: "*"?
Is that equal to "*:*" or to "*:80" ?) and treat them as one? Or bail out
when we detect such a misconfiguration?

Ehhmmm.. And why does this error only happen if I add a second
<VirtualHost> which does NOT match any of the NameVirtalHost's?!?!?

Puzzled,
   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens