httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:57:52 GMT
On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 05:54:43PM +0100, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:30:15AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > Stupid question, but I want to be sure I understand it correctly.  If I
> > have multiple files, like mod_dav.  The module name will be mod_dav,
> > because mod_dav has the module structure, correct?
>
> That depends on what the Makefile generates. Assuming that the
> various dav files are linked into a mod_dav.so, then yes: the name is
> dav_module. The symmetry should be between the name of the DSO file
> and its contained module structure, because in the prior (e.g.)

So, re-reading your original post, the answer is "no". It does not matter
in which source file the module struct appears, it only depends on the
(Makefile) output file. There need not even be a mod_dav.c to generate
a mod_dav.so

   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens