httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:54:43 GMT
On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:30:15AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> Stupid question, but I want to be sure I understand it correctly.  If I
> have multiple files, like mod_dav.  The module name will be mod_dav,
> because mod_dav has the module structure, correct?

That depends on what the Makefile generates. Assuming that the
various dav files are linked into a mod_dav.so, then yes: the name is
dav_module. The symmetry should be between the name of the DSO file
and its contained module structure, because in the prior (e.g.)

  LoadModule action_module modules/mod_actions.so
  LoadModule anon_auth_module modules/mod_auth_anon.so

it is impossible to guess the name changes

  (mod_<actions>.so    ->  <action>_module)
  (mod_<auth_anon>.so  ->  <anon_auth>_module)

in an automatic installation script.
Compare that with the symmetric:

  LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
  LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so

with the common identifiers:

  (mod_<dav_fs>.so   ->  <dav_fs>_module)
  (mod_<headers>.so  ->  <headers>_module)

So: the idea is that we can automatically generate "LoadModule"
lines if we know the names of the DSO files.

   Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <martin@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany