httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_status.c
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 01:32:56 GMT
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 04:34:08PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > > Hold on... You can't use either apr_interval_t or apr_interval_short_t for
seconds.

> > > apr_interval_t is USEC, guarenteed to hold some +/- 292271 years.
> > >
> > > apr_interval_short_t is USEC, guarenteed to hold only +/- 35 minutes
> > >
> > > If you want simply seconds, store them in an apr_int_t.
> >
> > That is *exactly* what FirstBill did. He put them into an apr_uint32_t. Then
> > Ryan went and monkeyed with it :-)
> >
> > The question is why did Ryan have a problem with apr_uint32_t? The code sure
> > looked fine to start with.
>
> All I know is I had four warnings with the old code, one per
> line.  Regardless, this is fixed now, commit coming soon.

You shouldn't have had warnings. That is my point. There was something
*else* going wrong. The commit has just spun the problem around until you
don't see the original; we don't know what the original problem was, or if
it still exists.

The type was apr_uint32_t and the format was %ld. Those are compatible. I
think signedness might have been an issue.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/