httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Rolling tomorrow, conditionally.
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:31:44 GMT
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:07:20PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Why not tag and roll, despite BeOS? A lot of people can still test any
tarball that is provided. Sure, we won't call it "alpha" or "beta" quality,
but that doesn't mean it should be totally ignored by everybody.

> > has told me his is looking at it now, so if he gives the thumbs up, we
> > will tag and roll tomorrow.  The script for rolling has been checked in to
> > httpd-site, but it still needs some work, I will keep updating it as we
> > use it.
> >
> > If there are any other platforms that we already know don't work, please
> > tell me know so that I don't waste my time rolling tomorrow.

The whole point is that it shouldn't be a time waster :-)  If we can get the
process to "type these few commands; while waiting, go read email", then
we're all set, and it doesn't matter how good or broken the tarball is.

> I will be building and testing apache-2.0/win32 tonight.
>
> Please assure our Announcement contains the usual disclaimer that the beta 1
> has not yet been optimized for performance, and that the beta cycles will
> continue to see improvements in performance and reliability.

We don't know if it is beta. That comes later.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/