httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Winstead <j...@trainedmonkey.com>
Subject Re: just say no (was: Re: Release Strategy)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:45:28 GMT
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 01:12:19PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Yeah, but we are likely to do this once a week, if for no other reason
> than because it is easier to just put it in crontab.  We can always do
> more, but once a week is a good regular time, that allows people to shoot
> for a given target.y

you can already do cvs checkouts based on date, so i don't see what
doing an automated tag buys you.

it seems to me that the tree should be tagged when some criteria
has been met. maybe that will eventually be an automated build and
regression test that decides the tree is stable enough to kick out
a build, but until that happens it seems to make the most sense to
tag when some person decides the tree is "stable enough", not just
because it happens to be thursday at 3:17am.

jim