httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Tree tagged.
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:52:32 GMT
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 08:35:21PM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:36:59 -0800 (PST), rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> >The tree has been tagged with APACHE_2_0_BETA_CANDIDATE_1.  I have put a
> >copy of the tree with that tag at dev.apache.org/dist/httpd-2.0bc1.tar.gz
> >
> >This tarball should be tested by everybody who is interested in Apache
> >2.0.  If everybody agrees, then this tag can be used as a basis to release
> >the first beta version of Apache 2.0 either Tuesday or Wednesday this
> >week.
>
> Err, this came about a bit quick. Your scoreboard changes broke the OS/2
> MPM big time & I'm still picking up the pieces. I've got it back to a state
> where it compiles & serves pages but mod_status's output is still mostly
> wrong & I was going to try to get it right before commiting the lot.

Okay... well, then we can nix this tarball and tag/roll another later this
week.

No big deal :-)

Roy's point was exactly this: tag/roll tarballs at will. If they seem fine,
then we release them. Otherwise, we just punt it and go for another one.

This is also why trying to label things as "beta candidate" or whatever is
troublesome. It really isn't, and somebody yanking it from the /dist/
directory could be misled. I might even suggest that we create a directory
called /dist/unreleased/ and drop them in there. We place them in dist after
they've been qualified.

Cheers,
-g

--