httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Release Strategy
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 04:16:16 GMT
On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 07:10:25PM -0800, wrote:
> > > We may be best server by just having somebody run a cron job every
> > > week.  Thoughts about that?
> >
> > I think that's a very good idea.  You might even have the cron job roll a tarball
> > the date stamp.  But at least have the tagging be done automatically.  =-)
> The reason I didn't want the roll to be done automatically is because we
> are trying to separate the tag from the roll.

As I understood Roy (and agree with this): we tag and roll continually.
There is no separation of that step.

The characterization of the release is what changes. Every tag/roll spits
out a tarball to work with. If it is reasonably stable, then we call it an
alpha. If it is good stuff, we call it a beta. etc.

Calling it alpha, beta, whatever, comes after the tag/roll/test/whatever

Greg Stein,

View raw message