httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr-util/buckets apr_buckets_file.c
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 07:31:52 GMT

--- gregames@apache.org wrote:
> gregames    01/02/02 13:02:22
>
>   Modified:    buckets  apr_buckets_file.c
>   Log:
>   fix a leaky bucket.
>
>   Submitted by:    Cliff Woolley <cliffwoolley@yahoo.com>

Thanks for committing this, Greg.  (Cute comment. ;-])  Bill... can you run your tests
again to see if you're still getting heap corruption?  I'm betting you will.  But at the
least, those malloc/free statistics ought to be more interesting.  I tried matching up
the mallocs with their frees on the last set you gave me... most of them made sense, but
it got to a point where I couldn't match up the file buckets right because they were
missing some frees that ought to be there (in other words, after this patch, you ought to
be seeing an even BIGGER discrepancy between the number of mallocs and frees).

One thing I was suspicious of is that it seems the buckets were getting removed by
ap_getline, though there were still plenty left around to be cleaned up by
apr_brigade_cleanup.  Of course, we've got both inbound and outbound data represented
here, which may be confusing the issue.

I don't suppose there's any way to list the mallocs and frees in the order they happened
rather than by aggregate, is there?

Oh, and nobody ever answered my (possibly stupid) question about the cleanup registration
for brigades... what is the purpose of registering the brigade cleanup for both normal
and child cleanup phases?

--Cliff