httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: debugging heap corruption on FreeBSD
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:47:23 GMT

--- Bill Stoddard <bill@wstoddard.com> wrote:
> malloc() - Total 17 per req (using ab w/o keep alive to test with)
>     apr_bucket_make_pool() - 1
>     apr_bucket_make_file()  - 1
>     apr_bucket_make_heap() - 1
>     apr_bucket_make_shared() - 3
>     socket_read() - 1
>     apr_bucket_copy_shared() - 10
>
> free() - Total 21 per requst
>     pool_destroy() - 1
>     ap_getline - 5
>     apr_brigade_cleanup - 6
>     apr_bucket_destroy_shared - 7
>     heap_destroy - 2
>
> I suspect there is a cleanup not being deregistered. Haven't been able to pin
> point ityet.

I'm looking into a potential problem (which may well be related) in the file buckets.
For some strange reason, the file destruction method is just defined as free(), when it
ought to go through and call apr_bucket_destroy_shared to decrement the reference count
and so on.  There may be other things in there as well... I'm going through and
whiteboarding the file bucket type just to make sure I catch all the details.  Update in
15-30 minutes.

--Cliff