httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: module's names in Apache-2.0
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:03:09 GMT
Martin, first off, feel free to address this :-)

Second, I had proposed the following (rather MS'ish looking but very functional)
solution to drop the 'module filename' concept to use the 'proper module name'
everywhere, including <IfModule > blocks:

#define AP_DECLARE_MODULE (mod) \
module AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA mod = { \
    STANDARD20_MODULE_STUFF, \
    #mod,

#define AP_END_DECLARATION };

Which would be invoked as follows:

AP_DECLARE_MODULE(access_module)
    create_access_dir_config, /* dir config creater */
    NULL, /* dir merger --- default is to override */
    NULL, /* server config */
    NULL, /* merge server config */
    access_cmds,
    NULL, /* handlers */
    register_hooks /* register hooks */
AP_END_DECLARATION

I believe this approach best meets the interest of end users and the developers.

Bill