httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Server directives
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:12:06 GMT
From: "Greg Ames" <gregames@remulak.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 6:55 PM

> Bill Stoddard wrote:
> >
> > > I think the term 'server' is misleading and has caused us much
> > > grief.  I suggest replacing it with something like 'agent' or
> > > 'listener' or something like that.
> >
> > Seems the thing capable of serving a request is a "server" :-) But I agree
> > it is overloaded already.
>
> How about "worker"?
>
> Greg

That's the best term I've heard yet, but...

it still doens't answer "which value?"  E.g. on a multi-thread/multi-process
server, how do I specify _both_ values without two seperate directives?

If I understand Ken's goal, etc, is to not rewrite the config file every time
the mpm changes.  What about:

<IfModule mpm_pthread.c>
MaxThreadWorkers 50
MaxProcessWorkers 10
</IfModule>

<IfModule mpm_prefork.c>
MaxProcessWorkers 500
</IfModule>

Doesn't this syntax in httpsd buy us the same thing?

Bill