httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [APACHE-1.3.19] Tagged & Rolled
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:55:44 GMT
From: "Dave Oxley" <apache_dev@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:21 PM

> Actually forget it. My cache was screwed from doing some date testing!!!

Since we are running 2.0b1 - I'm actually very interested/concerned about
what you did to cause it to mis-cache.

We are returning etags - including the last modified date.  If we have 'blown it',
with respect to testing directory datestamps, I'd really like to be aware of it.
OTOH ... if the proxy is easily corrupted, we need to look at the value of trying
to do this at all (or reverting it to an IndexOptions switch, as it is for 1.3.)