httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Speaking of forgotten patches...
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:57:19 GMT
(thanks for reminding me Paul) ...

where are we with a Filtered ap_rput semantic v.s. a non-filtered, r->bb dependent
semantic?  We needed a patch either way to finish this, if I'm remembering right.

If we still can't agree, let me point out one thing.  If it's a filter, it needs
to be documented in the right places so folks don't go inserting a filter into
the wrong spot.  If it's r->bb, it needs to be documented so folks don't go creating
another brigade.

I'm at the point where the most obvious docs that will keep bugs reports to a
minimum wins the day, in spite of my opposition to extra filter layers.

Bill