httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators mod_status.c
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:16:43 GMT

> Guys, we have a time value that doesn't fit as either of these.  Either we
> need ANOTHER time type, or we have done something wrong.
>
> Please do not tell me:
>
> apr_time_t - apr_time_t != (apr_time_t | apr_interval_time_t)

For jimminy christmas's sake, of course we do!  I've been preaching that for six
friggin months.  We need to delininate beween apr_interval_short_t and apr_interval_t.

The _short_t is lossy (accurate only to +/- 35 minutes).  apr_interval_t should be
a signed 64 bit number.  Why signed?  Because you need to differentiate between
now - past  and  past - now  which are distinctly different values, both valid.

[I was always partial to 'delta' over 'interval' myself, but that's a nit.]