httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Smirl" <jonsm...@mediaone.net>
Subject Re: SGI's Accelerating Apache project
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:39:13 GMT
From: "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org>
> It would actually be quite interesting to see APR ported to build against
> STM and see what happens when the threaded MPM is thrown against APR/STM.

Could this be taken even further and merge APR and NSPR into a single
run-time library? There is already a lot of overlap between APR/NSPR and
these two projects have similar goals.  Developers working on the NSPR have
expressed interest in merging with APR several times in the past.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/index.html
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/nspr/reference/html/index.html

FYI: SGI's State Threads Library is based on NSPR.

If there are licensing concerns with Mozilla's code in my experience the
Mozilla lawyers will do whatever it takes to resolve the differences so that
the code can be used.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net