httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Gomez Henri" <new-ht...@slib.fr>
Subject Re: 1.3 & c++ DSO
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 00:00:23 GMT
>> "we have an Apache module that we use here.
>> It uses c++. so, on FreeBSD, the libstdc++.so registers an atexit routine
>to perform cleanup.
>> we don't link stdc++ statically instead we use LoadFile.
I've trying to make Xalan-C 1.1 also written in C++ with
Apache 1.3.17.
Questions:
Did you know if the libstdc++.so on Linux (Redhat) use the same
strategy (and so need the same correction) ?
Also Xalan-C 1.1 is linked with lpthread which make Apache 1.3.17
SIGSEGV at startup. Any patch around or did I have, as recommanded
Rasmus Lerdorf (php) :
"
I think you are hitting the known glibc-2.1.x bug which rears its ugly
head when you have an executable which is not linked against libpthreads
which does a dlopen() on a shared library which is linked against
libpthreads. If you simply link your httpd against libpthreads it should
sort itself out. ie. LIBS=-lpthreads
"