httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0 on Linux
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:53:45 GMT
"new-httpd User" <new-httpd@slib.fr> writes:

> Hi,

Hi, who are you?

> I'm preparing to build a RPM for Apache 2.0.
> I'll use it to validate some stuffs like mod_jk/mod_webapp.
>
> Questions :
>
> - What flags must be given to ./configure ?

stuff to specify optional modules (start with no extra modules and add
them as people complain?), prefix (e.g., /usr/local or something
else)...  you shouldn't have to add anything to configure in order to
get something useful

> - Can I use mm 1.1.3 ?

The second log message below answers this question loud and clear:
"NO".  This reminds me of the little I know of the problem Apache/APR
has with the the current (i.e., later than APR CVS) mm: some fudging
is required when specifying the number of bytes to allocate or to put
in a shmem pool or something like that.

> I tried to build yesterday but I run time I've got :

> [Mon Jan 08 19:54:10 2001] [warn] pid file /usr/local/logs/httpd.pid
> overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
> httpd: cannot allocate scoreboard: Cannot allocate memory
>
> Thanks for Any Help ;-)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...