httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server config.c
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:04:38 GMT
rbb@apache.org writes:

> rbb         00/12/31 16:13:41
>
>   Modified:    server   config.c
>   Log:
>   When we are starting the server, we have a pool that can be used to open
>   the error log.  Rather than try to log a regular error, log an error with
>   the pool that we have, so that we can open stderr successfully.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with this direction.

Shouldn't main() make some explicit call to explicitly set up the
stderr log file and avoid the need to change the log calls?  As it is,
we'll be converting ap_log_error() calls over time as folks find
segfaults in obscure paths at initialization.

Also (maybe you can confirm for me), I'm not 100% sure this need is
limited to Apache core code.  I fear that third-party modules must
also know when to call ap_log_perror().

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...