httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [horape: Re: general/7099: ipv6 support]
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2001 02:58:14 GMT
horape@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar writes:

> I was directed by Tony Finch to ask here.
>
> BTW 2, is there some list for the people working with apache and ipv6?
> new-httpd seems to have too much traffic for me...

This is the main list for mainstream apache and IPv6.  Some of the
issues are handled in APR (Apache Portable Runtime), which is
discussed on dev@apr.apache.org.

If you can't get the server to get an AF_INET6 listening socket:

1) does APR think it supports IPv6?

check for the value of APR_HAVE_IPV6 in srclib/include/apr.h

if 0 (i.e., no support), look at output of APR configure for ideas why

2) if APR supports IPv6 but Apache doesn't get an IPv6 socket...

what are your listen statements?

what network interfaces are active?

Thanks for your interest,

Jeff