httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: beta?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:16:22 GMT writes:

> Remember that 99% of the changes that have been committed in the last two
> weeks, were changes to make the server ready for beta.  We are essentially
> in feature freeze, so unless a feature is necessary, for performance, or
> protocol correctness, or just so that people can actually write handlers
> and filters, the code should not be committed.

that is no feature freeze :)  many if not most features fit that
description in some way or another

I just think that deferring new features, however useful, until after
b1 will move us more quickly towards the point where more people will
use apache 2.0 and we will begin finding the sorts of problems which
we can't find ourselves.

Jeff Trawick | | PGP public key at web site:
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

View raw message